Saturday 25 February 2012

Quick Catch Up...

This work lark really does get in the way of the interesting parts of life doesn't it? When you add 12 hour shifts into the mix it really does get in the way of anything even vaguely interesting!

It's been an odd month so far, my birthday was fun and Valentines Day was quiet due to work, although I did get a beautiful poem written for me, but work really has taken over, with my phased return well and truly over and trying to get to grips with working every day. It's been hard, harder than I thought, but hard as in tiring physically not mentally and I think I'm coping quite well all things considered.

Last weekend brought with it a bit of a novelty. Due to the success of the last court hearing, and the new amicable relationship between Dan and his ex-wife, he had an extended weekend of contact with his boys. The plans for the weekend were drawn up between them and he was away from Friday to Monday. According to Hague he had a truly wonderful weekend, with time spent with family, friends and Muppets :) It's honestly been a revelation since the last court hearing. Things are moving forward in a positive and  constructive way and everyone seem happy with this progress....and hearing about paintings, football, milkshakes and all the other things that little people love doing with their Dad is more than enough to compensate for being alone for the weekend :)

To be fair it wasn't a massive hardship being on my own. I can count on one hand the nights we've spent apart since we've been together, and not having him here means I can please myself....so....the 43 episodes of Come Dine With Me on the Sky+ box have been reduced to 9, the animals spent a night in bed with me and I ate a lot of Lemon tart :) I still missed him though!

This week has continued with the "I'm Missing Hague" theme, with 3 twelve hour shifts, we've been like ships in the night, something we are well and truly rectifying this evening. Due to the ever wondrous generosity of The Parentals we have two bottles of Las Vegas Jack Daniels to drink and a whole weekend to enjoy together, so I shall leave you dear blog, and head off to enjoy the rest of this Saturday evening with the men I love....Hague and Jack ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)