Saturday 10 March 2012

Housekeeping

After the very scary Laptop Dying Incident of the last few weeks, I've had to look at my lazy attitude to backing things up.

Don't get me wrong, I DO back some things up, my photos for example. All are safely stored on an external hard drive as well as being backed up on the second drive on my laptop. I don't back anything else up regularly though, something I will most definitely be rectifying as soon as funds allow the purchase of a nice big 1TB hard drive.

When the laptop first died, I just presumed it was the charger again, but when that didn't work things got a bit scary and thoughts first started swirling round my head that I could lose everything on here. I'm sure it's a thought that most of us entertain at some point, but are comforted by "Oh it won't happen to me...." Now I know it might do and so I'm going to spend the day doing a bit of housekeeping. My old 80GB drive is nearing capacity (the 20GB of iTunes might have something to do with it) and so I'm going to go through all the old pictures on there and cull some, I'm a hoarder, always have been and I think it's time to say good bye to some truly astonishingly bad shots, such as these treasures.....




I don't think I'll miss any of them do you? With barely any memory left it's time to clean up my act I reckon, and stop hanging on to rubbish - one day I'll learn to apply this methodology to my life....but one step at a time eh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)