Tuesday 12 June 2012

App Happy!

I always knew, even before I had an iPhone that the apps would be a problem. I knew I wouldn't be able to resist even the silliest of them, and currently have nearly 90 (yes I know) on my phone! Thank goodness for folders :)

Some of them I only use rarely, but find them useful, whereas some I use/play with every day. I'm always looking for recommendations for must haves, so I thought I'd chuck my twopenneth worth into the app review blogarama :)

Meon


Meon is my favourite app. I had it on my old HTC, and it was the first app I searched for on the iPhone. It's a simple puzzle game, you have to light up the little meons with the lights, but it can get fiendishly tricky!

You genuinely have to use the old grey matter too, you only get a couple of hints for each level and have to pay for solvers, so you're on your own!

It really is a fab little app. The lite version is free, so you can give it a go, and if you like it, the full version is only 69p. A bargain!




Flipboard

 I came across Flipboard by chance when I was just browsing though the App Store. I guess the easiest explanation is that it's like a personal internet magazine. You select the items you're interested in, such as FB, Technology, News or Sport and it delivers interesting articles and updates in each relevant category.

You can also link in your social network accounts, such as Twitter and Instagram and it will present a little digest for you.

It's a free app, and one that is fabulous for finding odds and sods you'd probably never search for, but are usually of interest. I always find something to read when I open it.

Data Usage Monitor

If you don't have unlimited data in your tariff, then something like this is SO useful. This is Data Usage Monitor, and basically you put in your billing date and your data allowance and it shows you how much you've used in the easy to read dials!

This one monitors wifi and 3G separately as well. It's unbelievably easy to use, and could save you having some nasty unexpected charges for using too much data!

It's also quite scary to see just how much data you use up whilst streaming!



I'm astounded by this app. I can't believe it's free! It's called My Fitness Pal and it's a calorie counter/fitness app. You input your details, tell it how much you want to lose and it tells you how many calories you can eat to lose the required amount of weight (maxiumum of 2lbs a week). You can scan the barcodes of your food to find the details easily, and just add things to your diary.

You can also add in excercise, and it charts your progress. It really is astonishingly in depth, and all for free. I used it for 2 weeks and lost 4lbs, so it does what it says on the tin! Absolutely excellent! Even if you just want to keep an eye on what you're eating it will help you out.



Asda

Not so exciting maybe, but this is the Asda app. I do use their home shopping quite often as it's a great way of budgeting, and this little app makes it easier than the website.
You can scan things onto your shopping list, so you can just wander round the kitchen, scan what you're getting low on and voila, it gets added to your list!

Even if you're searching for items, it's gloriously easy, so easy that I often use this instead of the website, as it's so very simple to use! A must have if you use Asda's home shopping.



I think that'll do for now, although I still have tons more that I love, most of them are more mainstream and well known. Please share your must have apps below, as you can never have too many ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)