Friday 5 August 2011

Weighing It All Up

I guess one of the main symptoms of depression and stress is not being able to see the wood for the trees, not seeing anything good or bright or cheerful in the world, losing your enthusiasm and the ability to see the beauty around you.


Rather than just allowing my drift downwards to continue I have decided to try and pick out the good and bad in my days to see if they really are as bad as they seem...


So....the bad...
Not sleeping very well (again) so feeling really tired.
My Dad's birthday present not arriving today despite me spending extra to ensure it was delivered today.
Not taking a very good 365 picture.
Dumbfoundus being cut out of Come Dine With Me.


And the good...
It was my Dad's birthday, so everyone was in a lovely mood.
The dress my Mum bought me yesterday fits and looks nice to boot.
I got to spend the afternoon listening to all Jenna and Carys' news.
An hour in the hot tub is enough to relax anyone.
The weather stayed dry and warm.
When I dug out my swimsuit to take to The Parentals today, there was a top in bag that I'd forgotten I had :)


So there you have it - depression or not, overall today was a good day, and I have to do my best to recognise them when I have them, and help myself out of this illness sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)