Thursday 4 August 2011

Safety Nets

I guess we only really find out what sort of safety nets we have when the time comes that they're needed. I've been feeling worse and worse for a while, everything stacking up on top of me, and by yesterday the realisation hit me that it was time to check if that safety net could catch me....


I guess it did - my GP is concerned, understanding and wants to help as much as she possibly can. Hague is a safety net all of his own and despite the mood swings, shouting and over the top behaviour, he is, was and always will be there for me, through everything. A wonderful friend sent texts so full of concern and offers of help that it brought tears to my eyes, and reminded me just how deep some of my friendships are.


Although I have never been hugely close to my family, they are always there for me when it counts, and today my Mum and Sister were fabulous. They invited me out for some shopping and lunch, and my instinct was to refuse, I was feeling fragile, down and vulnerable but Hague encouraged me to go. 


They listened, they laughed, they encouraged positivity, they pointed out all the bright spots that are hiding in the darkness for me at the moment. They dragged smiles out of me and made me feel better, by doing nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever.


I guess that's the power of a safety net, you're not supposed to know you need them until the support is suddenly there, and today it really was, and I'm truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)