Saturday 12 February 2011

18 Again!

Well that's what I'm telling everyone :) Thursday was my 36th birthday, so I feel fully justified in saying I'm 18 again lol!


As always I had the day off work, I never work on my birthday - it's the one day of the year I want to have a lie in and do whatever takes my fancy, and as it was a Thursday, I took Friday as well :)


We didn't have much planned, and after I had my hair prettyfied we pretty much had a relaxing day...with presents and cards, chilling out together and watching some films. Friday was busier, as I don't need much of an excuse to play with the new camera we took a trip to a local zoo (thank you Tesco Rewards) and spent a lovely few hours wandering around the practically empty zoo, taking pictures and enjoying the animals, it was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon, and even the weather was kind!



After a wander around the shops in the afternoon, and picking up a couple more bits for the living room, the evening was spent with a couple of drinks and some films - perfect!

Today has been another relaxing one, with a bit of a lie in, and some playing with my new lens (yep, I have well and truly caught the bug) and soon we shall be making our way to my Sister's for the evening, always fun!

I know I'm too old really to still get excited about birthdays, but I do. It may seem childish to some, but you know what? I like presents, birthday cake, birthday treats and being special for the day. I like the reflective and optimistic feeling of the end and start of a year in my life. My only real problem with birthdays is the age thing lol.....I'm not entirely sure how the hell I'm 36 years old, I don't feel it, and surely by now I should have grown up? Surely the adult-ness should have kicked in by now? Perhaps it's just totally passed me by, I certainly hope so!

Happy Birthday to Me! :)
The "Official" Birthday Portrait ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)