Tuesday 22 February 2011

Weighing Up My Options

I really do need to lose weight – I was planning on going back to Slimming World just after Christmas, but never got round to it, then it was February, then Valentine’s Day, and yet here we are, the 22nd of February, and still I am eating whatever I want and avoiding the scales like the plague :o(

When I DO put my mind to it, I can lose weight with the best of them. When following Slimming World before I lost close to 7 stone, but have since gained all of that back, with interest! So as you can see, my need to lose weight is not a case of “Oh I’m so fat, if only I could lose 7lbs” I really do need to lose significant amounts. I am classed as morbidly obese, and currently, I am the biggest I have ever been. This is not a good state of affairs at all, and for the first time ever, I am feeling that weight. I am hideously unfit, and get out of puff exerting the smallest amounts of effort to do the simplest of things, I ache and am not liking my reflection in the mirror. All of my gorgeous clothes are hanging in the closet, too small for me to wear.

This is all my fault, no-one else is to blame. There is no underlying issue, bar my love of foods and drink that are bad for me! Only I can do something about this, and I need to get myself into the right frame of mind. Recently, the more I’ve been thinking about what I need to do, the more I’ve been pondering which system to return to, either Slimming World or Tesco Diets.

The last diet I followed was the Tesco one, I really enjoyed it. It was something different for me, and could make it fit in quite easily with the lifestyle I lead as it was basically calorie based. I enjoyed the foods and lost weight on it, I crashed off of it in a huge way when Dan was in hospital, and never managed to get myself back on track. This might have been down to the fact that I didn’t physically go to a class each week, so it was easier to ignore the texts urging me to weigh in, but on the other hand, if I’m honest, I would have just as easily missing Slimming World classes as well.

Slimming World on the other hand, is comfortable for me, I know the system inside out and know I can lose weight on it as well. I can always eat when I’m hungry and adore the free foods such as pasta, potatoes and rice. The one downfall of Slimming World is that I get stuck into a rut and get bored with eating the same meals over and over again.

After re-reading what I’ve just written, I think I am leaning towards Tesco, it forces me to eat different foods, and if I’m honest, also forces me into varying my diet.

I have a Hen Night this weekend, but after that, nothing to stop me getting back on track for 4 weeks. I could quite easily lose half a stone in that time, even a stone if I’m lucky. So what is stopping me? Nothing whatsoever, except me of course….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)