Tuesday 15 February 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine’s Day is one of those strange days during the year when emotions are thrust upon you by virtue of the date. Today we should all declare our deep feelings to our loved ones so they know that they are adored and appreciated.

To be honest, it’s always seemed a bit hokey to me, why should the 14th of February be the day when I decide to tell my other half that I love them? Why should the giving of love tokens be dictated by the splashes of red and pink festooned around every shop?

I think love, lust and passion should be spontaneous, the urge to buy a surprise gift, or to cover someone in a bombardment of kisses should be driven by feelings not a calendar. Personally if Dan decides on some random day to buy me a bunch of flowers as he knew they would make me smile, that means a million times more to me than if he had bought some today, just because he felt he should.

I tell Dan I love him every, single day – and he does the same. I never leave the house without giving him a kiss, and never go to sleep without a kiss either. I catch his eye and grin during the evening, and he will come up and give me a hug if I’m in the kitchen. We do little things for each other every day that show our feelings, this to me is the key to showing someone you love them! Don’t get me wrong, grand gestures are always fun, but are way more fun when they’re impromptu and totally unexpected!

Life should be surprising – so I shall have my Valentine’s Day in a million little ways every single day, and I shall have the flowers, chocolates and sweet sentiments on the day they are appropriate for whatever reason…..and I shall love My Daniel more and more on each and every one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)