Sunday 27 February 2011

A Surprisingly Good Weekend!

It's only Sunday afternoon and already I'm shattered from yet another busy weekend! Now, if I'm honest I'd been partly looking forward to, and partly dreading this weekend - as some of it was WAY outside of my comfort zone, but I've ended up having a lovely time! Hopefully it's been a weekend to remember for Simon and Gemma, the Stag and Hen who we were celebrating with.


Saturday morning started early, we were out of the house for 8.45am to drive to Combat Paintball in Thetford. Now, I am of the more cuddly and comfortable flavour than most, and I shall be honest and say I wasn't particularly looking forward to this part of the day. I don't really do cold, wet, muddy, overally, shooty, outdoorsy type things. Walking Bayleigh is about as adventurous as I tend to get! However, Gemma and Simon are very good friends, and this was their Hen and Stag day so I pulled on my "Fuck it, let's get stuck in" head and went for it.


The safety brief was fun, the fighting talk was hilarious, getting kitted out was a task all of it's own. I still wasn't expecting to enjoy paintballing, merely get through it.....but once that gun was in my hand, it was a different story!!! It's amazing how much you get into it, team spirits were high and we were all really up for having fun and I honestly enjoyed every moment. One of the Hen's had even added to the  experience by bringing home made cakes with her! I had made the decision to get stuck in and never regretted it. I even felt a bit upset that we had to leave before the last game to get home for Bayleigh. I ended that part of the day with soaking, freezing feet, covered in mud and forest, a bruise to be proud of on my arm and a strange urge to have another go sooner rather than later! :)


The evening was spent at Gemm's (for the girlies) and out on the town (for the lads) and fun nights were had by both parties, us festooned with flower garlands, surrounded by palm trees and supping on cocktails whilst putting the world to rights - the boys by doing Manly Grr things, namely having a dinner consisting of many, many meat products, much beer and a visit to a couple of "Gentleman's Establishments" which seems to be de rigour for any self respecting Stag Night these days! 


I'm so glad that I bit the bullet and shoved myself out of my comfort zone, the part of the day I wasn't looking forward to ended up being the part I enjoyed the most! 


Another rather wonderful surprise was had this afternoon. West Ham started today rock bottom of the Premiership, and with a game against Liverpool this afternoon...no-one expected us to do anything except lose, and lose royally. However, West Ham had one of those days that us poor fans hope for each weekend, a day where we played wonderful football, the players had fire in their bellies and determination in their eyes and they turned over the Scousers, not just a win, a well deserved win, and a final score of 3-1. A weekend I'll remember for a long time, and for once, for all the right reasons :)






The girlies ready for PaintBall, The Manly Stag, The Hawaiian Hen Night and my reminder of the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)