Sunday 2 October 2011

Enjoying Summer...In Autumn

The weather has been amazing over the last few days. It's made it a bit easier for me to fulfil my counsellor's advice to get out of the house, and the sunshine is helping to lift my mood!

Today we decided to explore the park near Cobholm on the edge of the Broads. Despite living in Yarmouth for nearly 9 years, I've never taken a walk around here! We found somewhere to park and headed off. It was simply glorious!
Our Walk

The sky was blue, the sun was warm, and it was truly like walking in July instead of October! We walked a fair old way, enough to tire Boo out completely and on the way back Hague picked some blackberries to put into a crumble. A pleasant surprise awaited us when we got back to the car, the house we had parked outside had a dog in the front yard. A Basset :) I cannot pass a Basset without saying hello, so he got a bit of a fussing and his owner came out and we had a lovely chat about our nutty old mutts! Her Bailey was a boy, a very handsome 3 year old and him and Bayleigh got on like a house on fire - so much so that we might even have a walking friend!
Bayleigh and Bailey :)




We got home and Hague cooked a delicious dinner, followed by the crumble - which was slightly more flapjacky than crumbley but utterly gorgeous. It's now coming up for 9pm and I have truly had a lovely, lovely day. I'm tired (in a good way) full of fabby food, and totally thankful for a man who has been so very good to me, in all kinds of ways since I've been ill, and days like today just remind me of that all over again!

So here is to more days like this, to help me get better and make me appreciate the Man I love more and more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)