Wednesday 26 October 2011

Where To Begin?

Recently it seems that life has been determined to keep us down and depressed. Everything in the last few months seems to have been delicately designed to made life harder for me and Hague. It's got to the point of me being signed off work with stress and depression and our shopping budget being squeezed down to the point of £30 a week with no money for anything resembling a social life. Life has been hard, and as such any little chink of happiness is gladly taken and enjoyed.

Therefore when I woke up this morning to even more notifications from the 365 project website regarding my ladybird picture from yesterday, it put a smile on my face. When my photos are liked it always makes me happy, but today when I logged on, for the first time ever, my picture had made the website's Popular Page! I've never managed it before and it certainly did make me extremely happy that such a lovely little shot had got such recognition :)

Oooh look at me I'm all Popular!





I love those little ladybirds now! :o)









As I'm sure you can imagine I was massively happy about this (little things please little minds after all). The day was therefore already officially A Good One. When Hague got up to make a phone call I thought little of it, after all job hunting is well and truly part of the regular routine. However, this time when he got off the phone, the news was good to say the least. He had called Pulse, the company he had an interview with yesterday in response to an email......an email asking for him to send in some additional information.....as they were offering him the job!!

I'm sure if you've read my blog in any way shape or form you'll know the struggle we've had since his last job ended in May, this was then compounded by my redundancy, so today's news really is like manna from heaven. The sort of news that you have to actually stop to take in as you daren't believe that the wonderful news you've been hoping for has actually happened.

So there you go! Subject to a CRB check, Hague has gone and got himself a job, so he can once again support his boys financially and we can once again have some breathing room in our monthly budget, and he can finally carry on with his fledgling career in the care industry. I am also "popular", so this is a day I'd like to remember for a while, the Cheshire Cat smile that won't leave my face, the light feeling that has suddenly appeared around us both and the gorgeous, indistinct glimmers of optimism that we have allowed to enter our hearts and minds today - and hopefully for more days going forward :o)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you!
    I know how truly awesome and wonderful that call back to work can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lil :) It's the most welcome news we've had in ages!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)