Thursday 6 October 2011

I Love Reading

I'm sure you're not surprised to read that title. I've always loved it, and am always reading. However, my reading tastes tend to veer towards horror, sci fi, chick lit and thrillers. I am sorely lacking in having read any "classics"

There are many top 100 book lists out there, but the one that I suppose is clearest in my mind is the BBC Big Read one, I can remember the programmes on television, and being a bit disappointed in myself that I hadn't read more of the books on the list. Only the popular or children's one seem to have crossed my reading radar.

Ever since the programmes aired, I decided to myself that one day I would do my best to read more of those books. I found the list online and have marked the books I've read (in green) and the books I tried to read but didn't finish (in yellow). As you can see (here) I am woefully lacking. With just 19 books of the 100 read.

I am determined to read more. I have several on my Kindle as they are open source so with the list as my guide I shall endeavour to widen my reading horizons - and hopefully discover some favourites among those 70+ undiscovered treasures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)