Thursday 20 October 2011

Wonkey Old Day

Today has been an odd one. I've been dreading it all week as I've had to "pop in" to work so I can have a get together with my old manager and my new one, so we can discuss my welfare, and my return to work. I also had two counsellor appointments - overkill maybe, but my work one and my NHS one had both booked on the same day...I'm sure you can understand why today has been looming large in my mind in a big and scary way.

The work meeting was the one I really wasn't looking forward to, and in the end my gut instincts were right, despite their own healthcare people informing them I still wasn't fit for work they were expecting me back. It's not nice to feel that you have to justify your health and absence to people who claim to have your best interests at heart and then don't even listen to the people they employ to help *sigh*

However, on the way home, the sky was blue, and I guess I was relieved at finally having the meeting out of the way. To really get me into a better mood I decided I was going to stop on the way home, and take advantage of the lovely day and the spare time to take some photos, so me and Hague stopped at the windmill I pass every day (when I'm working) but have yet to photograph! It was lovely to walk in the sun and enjoy the view of the river and then say hello to the ponies, goats and wonkeys (aka donkeys) that live near the windmill.

I'm sure you can imagine how wonderful it was to have the sun on my face, a river on one side, a windmill behind us, swans on the pond and to be surrounded by the warmth and friendliness of animals well used to people fussing them. Just for a little while every problem was forgotten.

So from the worst of beginnings, with barely any sleep and a Meeting Of Doom through a memorable afternoon and to now...snuggled up on the sofa, surrounded by (even more) animals and with Hague and I enjoying some candlelight it's definitely been a Flippy Floppy Wonkey kind of day! :o)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)