Monday 11 October 2010

Out with the old and in with the new :)

Today was a long time coming! My twice delayed tattoo has finally been done! 


I had a tattoo on my back. It was my second one and was done when I was 18, by a friend (who is now a well known, and well respected tattoo artist) in his kitchen. I've hated it since the moment it was done, the lines were thick and it didn't heal well, so has never looked good. As it was placed in an odd position on my back I've struggled over the years to find something that could cover it and still look good....




In August, we were browsing tattoo flash, Dan had the ink itch, and to be fair, so did I, so we were having a look at what we could have when I saw a design which would be absolutely perfect to cover up the hideous mess on my back. It was the perfect size, and although cover ups don't have to be dark, it was a dark design that  wasn't a tribal blob! To be honest, I think I would have had it anyway, regardless of the cover up as it struck me straight away as something different, and something that I wanted :)


So, the first appointment available was early September, we had to cancel that due to Dan's wonderful Ex pissing about with his contact dates, so the next date was today, October 11th. I was excited, but nervous. Not nervous about the pain, just nervous that the artist wouldn't do a good job, let's face it, there is no covering up a mainly black design!


The tattoo took an hour and a half, and pretty much standard in terms of how uncomfortable it was - certainly nothing unexpectedly painful, and now I have a gorgeous design on my back, something I'll be happy to show off! Now I just have to get through the scabby stage! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)