Thursday 21 October 2010

Promotional Activity :)

Yesterday was an interesting day for a few reasons, I've blogged about the random RSPCA visit, I also managed to make a decision on the television, which hopefully will be at the shop today for collection (the issue of actually getting it into a Micra is something I'm trying to ignore for now lol!), and I had to make a rather huge decision at work.

I work for Britvic, the company that brings you, amongst other things, Fruit Shoot, Tango, Pepsi and J2O. I enjoy working here, and have now been here for over 7 years, my longest stint of employment anywhere.

When I started, I was a filler operator, operating the machines that merrily fill Fruit Shoot bottles all day long. I started my current job in January 2008. It was a 6 month secondment as a Continuous Improvement Co-ordinator. What that means in English, is that myself and my colleague help to implement improvement techniques across our department, spot problems and resolve them, and generally drive towards a safer, more efficient factory. As I type it's October 2010, and up until yesterday I was still on a seconded contract. Whilst that has some benefits, including the guarantee of a return to the filler should the job role disappear, it means I was stuck in a strange limbo between the two roles, with no-one really sure where we fitted in the scheme of things.

Yesterday, myself and my colleague Paul, were offered our jobs on a permanent basis. This meant quite a big decision for me. I've always liked having the safety net of being able to return to my old job, but accepting this role permanently shows that I am keen to progress, do a job well and gives us a bit more ownership of the role.

I have decided to take the job - so I have in effect just got a promotion, something I've never had before, and along with it a rather nice pay rise, which is always nice :)

Little steps of onwards and upwards are still steps in the right direction! Hague, thank you for being so supportive, and so proud of me yesterday. I love you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)