Tuesday 19 October 2010

Televisual Jungle!

My head is about to explode, it’s not designed to be full of technical things, and at the moment it’s full of things which frankly meant nothing to me a few short weeks ago!

It’s that time of the year again, when my bonus gets paid J The one time I actually have cash on the hip to spend! We are skint beyond belief, always paying off debts and buying good old value foods – but my bonus is just that, a little welcome bonus to treat ourselves with!

This year we have decided to finally join the 21st century and get a flatscreen TV for the lounge. We previously had a second hand ENORMOUS monster which had replaced the previous LCD my ex chose to take with him when we split, so the time has come to get a new one.

The old one has already been freecycled, along with the unit it stands on – so now the task is properly in hand….

But what a task, 1080p vs HD ready, screen size, screen refresh rates, HDMI inputs, wireless connectivity, scart sockets, LCD vs Plasma, it’s a bleeding jungle out there! Thank God we only have a budget of £500 or I’d have the brain bleed inducing choice of LED and 3D lobbed in there as well!

I really have no idea what to do for the best, I’d rather not spend the entire £500, but am not entirely sure of the best area for compromise.

I’m going to Richer Sounds on Friday – wish me luck??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)