Tuesday 23 November 2010

Dementors

Today is not a good day. The weekend was wonderful, we saw the new Harry Potter film which was fantastic. We wandered around Norwich in all its Christmassy glory, stocked up on Lush and had a lovey dinner. The rest of the weekend was spent watching the rest of the Potter DVD's and generally relaxing with a few jobs getting done here and there.

Christmassy Norwich!





The menagerie seem to be getting on just fine, although Pussumph is starting to get a wee bit too intrigued with the gerbils....but they're in a cage, she's outside, so I'm not overly worried.

But, not a good day. I've been feeling worse and worse for a while, and even a rainbow this morning couldn't lift my spirits. My mind can't seem to settle on what to worry about next. Problems and issues seem to be swirling around inside my head like a storm, and the reasons to feel negative are stacked up so high I can't see the top of them. The positives are hiding themselves very well right now.

There are only so many times you can say "Things will get better soon" before the words become hollow. Only so many times you can try and find the light before you just stop looking. All my efforts seem to end up being a waste, and make me feel like I shouldn't have bothered in the first place. You can only be the "Strong One" for so long before the burden just becomes too heavy to bear.

I'm not in a good place right now, and can't see a way out anytime soon. Here's hoping my appointment tomorrow is a step back towards the positive, optimistic, sunny me that I hold so dear, and feel like I'm fast losing grip on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)