Sunday 14 November 2010

A Girlie/Geeza Kind of Weekend!

It's getting near to the end of the weekend (unfortunately) but it's been a really fun one!
Friday was payday, so the chance to get the Christmas shopping finished off - the time of the year when the internet truly comes into its own. You have to love the fact that if you so desired, you could do all your shopping without leaving the house :) For someone who HATES fighting through aimless wanderers to buy presents, this is a much better option!


We'd also decided to do some baking on Saturday. It's been an age since we've done anything like this, so with the help of Tesco and their 3 for 2 on baking goods offer, we got stocked up and got baking :)


We created butterfly buns, bluberry muffins and caramel shortbread.




All were delicious, although the caramel was slightly more toffee-ish than squishy, but no less yummy because of it!

After such a girlie afternoon, we headed off to The Parentals to watch Haye vs Harrison. I'd been so looking forward to this fight. I was well and truly in the Haye camp and he duly delivered, making "Ordinary" look exactly that, and hopefully one step closer to being Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World! I love boxing, my Dad always watched it when I was growing up, and as I've got older, I've grown to appreciate it more and more. I've even been to the York Hall, Bethnal Green in my time.

The evening continued at home, with us watching UFC122 and attempting and failing to stay awake to see the Manny Pacquiao fight!

As always on a Sunday, it's been a lazy one, catching up on washing, and as I type, I'm watching Darts and waiting for Sky to show the Manny fight again, as we have tried desperately not to come across the result today so we can enjoy the fight to the full later.

So here's to a lovely weekend, of baking and sport and family and relaxing - what else are weekends for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)