Friday 3 December 2010

Birthdays and Snow Days and Glum Days

It's been a hectic few days! Tuesday was when the celebrations started for Dan's birthday, although to be fair, most of that was down to the Mighty Hammers and their epic result against Man U in the League Cup! But several bevvies to toast that win turned into a lovely long evening and we didn't see sleep before 4.30am!


Good job I had booked off Wednesday really lol! It was supposed to be a surprise, but being the dimwit that I am, I'd let the cat out of the bag on Monday...oops! Still, the smile on Dan's face when he realised I'd be home for his birthday was lovely, albeit 48 hours early :)


We didn't do a huge amount on Hague's 34th birthday in the end, he had pressies and cards in the morning and we ventured out into town, although as it was abso-bleeding-lutely brass monkey freezing, we didn't stay out for long. Long enough for me to get some candles, a scarf and a new bag though, yes, I know it was Dan's birthday, he did get himself a blu ray though, Alice in Wonderland - which was stunning to watch, the detail just looked amazing in high definition, a truly beautiful film.


Unfortunately I was back at work on Thursday, got to eke out my precious holiday days after all, but it's now Friday, and it started well with me waking up to finally look out of the window and see snow!! The rest of the country has been toiling under inches and inches of the stuff all week whilst Yarmouth has stayed resolutely dry, grey and with a distinct lack of Winter Wonderlandey-ness, but not today! So I left for work in reasonable spirits, soon to be dashed by news of some remarkable contortions by the garage door which had managed to pull itself off the wall and twist through 90 degrees rather than the expected result of just closing when Dan shut it today.


Cue calls to insurers and worry about having a gaping hole in the back of the house rather than a garage door! I came home early as I'm the policyholder, so have to be here (which is another good point in today I suppose - every cloud and all that). When I got here, The Shoes of Utter Gorgeousness mk 3 were here, so I excitedly tried them on.....only to find that my dinky sz 5/6 feet and 13cm heels are just not a good combination, so absolutely stunning, gorgeous, beautiful and delicious they may be, but they have to go back :( Damn that sensible head that appears sometimes!!


TSoUGmk3
Aren't they beautiful? Breaks my heart to send them back, but a girl as big as me just can't spend all night on her tippy toes!


So - not the best of days......but....it IS Friday, the weekend looms, tomorrow I am at the hairdresssers so goodbye boring hair, hello glossy black and mad colours. We're off to the House of Delaunay's as well, for a double celebration of Dan and Gary's birthdays, so as always, things to look forward to and to smile about!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)