Monday 20 December 2010

Nice Things

Today is Monday, not known for being nice, but there have been niceties in my day so I felt like sharing them :o)



These flowers were given to me on Saturday as a thank you for organising the work party. It was totally unexpected and as I type this they are filling the room with a gorgeous scent, something quite rare from flowers these days, and most definitely a nicety!


The weather at the moment is shockingly cold, well into minus figures so due to the faulty garage door I have to defrost the car, however, driving into work showed me the upside to this sort of temperature. The branches of all the trees were frosted, it wasn't snow on them, they were just covered in a very thick layer of frost - as the frost sparkled in the sunlight the trees just looked stunningly beautiful. Another reminder that I really should take my camera with me everywhere.


I came home to a lovely warm cooked dinner, to a beautiful card from Hague and presents under the tree! Five of them!! To an overgrown, overexcitable immature person like me, this is beyond exciting, and of course very nice indeed!


As I sit here, watching Gremlins, getting cuddled by our cat, surrounded by fairy lights and on the receiving end of a lovely smile from the man I love, I think I can put today down as a nice day all round really :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)