Thursday 30 December 2010

Well That Was Christmas :)

And what a fabulous Christmas it's been so far :) I'm so glad I took Christmas Eve off, as we had a lovely day, and every day since has been good. I can't think of a single low point.
Minor frustrations have stayed just that!! Christmas Day was typical, lots of food, drink and presents with The Parentals. Jenna and Carys were adorable as usual, my parents were enormously generous with gifts and my Mum, as is customary, overcatered massively! I was really pleased that everyone liked their presents as well, we don't have a huge amount of spare cash, so couldn't spend fortunes, so bought personalised gifts for most - the photo calendars were a huge hit with my Sister and Mum, and my Nan seemed to love the photo of the four generations of our family that I had framed for her. Sometimes the simple presents are the best, and the reaction from everyone was well worth the time it took to put the calendars together for them. We even came home to no accidents from The Menagerie!


Boxing Day was in a similar vein, albeit without the roast dinner, but snacky foods which allowed us to graze all day. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with family over Christmas, and it was probably one of the best I can remember of recent years!


Since then we have been at home, Mum gave us a doggie bag on Boxing Day which has kept us in food since then, and we have been working our way through the Carry On box set Dan got for Christmas from my Parents. It's been lovely to be able to chill out together for a few days, having a few drinks and relaxing together, with nothing to do! Heaven!


I have a few things to get sorted in the next few days, a bit of a back to earth of sorts I suppose, but nothing too major, and Friday is the day when we are planning to hit the sales with our Christmas vouchers, and treat ourselves to lunch with more vouchers lol!


I suppose I'd better make the most of it.....I have decided to return to Slimming World on January 3rd, so keep an eye out for a new ticker, hopefully heading downwards all through 2011!


The Big Old List of "What We Got"
Wii Fit Plus
£220 towards our sofa fund
Lush Gift Box
Cinders Ballistics
Russell Brand's Book (well two of them...but these things happen at Christmas lol)
Raving Rabbids Game
West Ham vs Man U programme
2 Raving Rabbids figures
£50 in Love to Shop vouchers
Dinosaur Money Box
Necklace/Watch
Shortbread


PS3 F1 game
Carry On box set
The Expendables on Blu Ray
CK 1
Barnsley Shirt
T-shirt


Amazingly generous, and all greatly appreciated! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)