Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas!

I'm all done :) It's midday on Christmas Eve and I am now ready. The family cards are written, the last present is wrapped, the shopping for the festive period is all done (and Asda wasn't even that busy), so I'm now able to relax and well and truly enjoy Christmas!


I love Christmas, not the religious aspect, as I'm not Christian, but the whole feeling that is seems to induce in people. Everyone seems smilier, kinder and more likely to do something nice for others. We came in from shopping to a text from Dan's ex asking if he'd like to talk to his youngest today as he was poorly yesterday, a small thing, but one which has really lifted Dan's spirits. What's not to love about a season that seems to bring out all that is good in people? I am now in happy tears after that call. To hear the boys so excited about Christmas and then to hear them singing We Wish You A Merry Christmas has made my Christmas, it was absolutely wonderful. All due to a simple, kind act - Christmas Spirit in action :o)


Today will be spent relaxing, watching the Christmassy fare on television before the huge blow out that Christmas Day will be. I can't wait to be bombarded with Jenna and Carys telling me all about what presents Father Christmas left for them, and playing with just about all of them over the course of the day!


Christmas at The Parentals is traditional, with Turkey, TV and way, way too much food - and I can't wait :)


I hope you all (whoever you may be) have a wonderful Festive Season, regardless of belief, religion or circumstance. Peace, Love and Goodwill to you all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)