Saturday 10 September 2011

The Best Laid Plans

I had big plans for today. Whilst (once again) struggling to sleep last night I decided that getting out of the house would help my mood and thought that we could pop down to the South Quay and have a mosey around the Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival (not the Marmite festival as one of my FB friends misread it...). I enjoy the Maritime Festival and normally try to pop along, as we're heading up to Barnsley tomorrow today was my only chance.

However...due to lack of sleep I woke up at 10.30 utterly shattered. Due to the long drive and early start tomorrow more sleep was not an option, therefore I dragged myself out of bed. The weather was grey and uninspiring and somehow I got sucked into the time abyss that is t'internet and found myself reading ever more bizarre 9/11 conspiracy theories until nearly 2pm. A very constructive way to waste hours I'm sure you'll agree... O_o

The motivation to leave the house was even lower by then, and despite promising myself (and my Mum) that I would leave the house to at the very least walk the dog and buy a lottery ticket it is now close to 9pm and whilst I have managed to buy a lottery ticket, order some (desperately needed) screen cleaner and even rustled up dinner (thank you Pizza Hut discount codes) the closest I have got to being outside was opening the garage door to admire the stunning sunset and take some pictures....

I really do fail at doing anything even vaguely required concentration, motivation or activity at the moment. Please hurry back Old Me, I quite liked you all things considered!

Today's sunset - the only thing worth moving from the settee for...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)