Wednesday 6 April 2011

Exorcising The Grumps

Today I have been as moody as hell. Grump-a-saurus chops ahoy! I woke up tired and not wanting to get out of bed and things went downhill from there really.


I have decided that the best way to get over today is to list all my annoyances so I can see just how stupid they were really - and am guessing it will get them out of my system as well!


So here goes, the annoyances from today...
The wholemeal rolls had gone green, so breakfast was two nutri-grain bars.
There are still no sheep (which means no lambs either) on the Acle Straight.
I didn't get to work early.
Someone was using my desk and my laptop powerpack when I got in this morning, so I couldn't get started straight away and had to shove all their stuff to one side to finally be able to get myself logged on.
The annoying bank had taken out a payment that I had changed the date of, so when I checked the bank today we were £130 short of paying the bills.
First day back at work for the week = tedious updating tasks which everyone else seems to think are pointless but are quick to moan about if they're not done.
Frustrating review meeting in which myself and my colleague are expected to magically make people see the benefits of what we'd like them to do, despite doing this for 6 months.
Being told that even though I'm only paid for 7 1/2 hours a day, I must be there for 8, even though I don't have lunch, and don't want to have lunch. So shall have to spend an extra 30 minutes at work every day sulking as I'd rather be at home.
Being stuck inside all day when it was utterly glorious outside, and not just stuck inside, being inside without even being able to SEE outside.
Not leaving work until 6.30pm.
Getting to the car and not being able to find the connector to plug the iPod in.
The low petrol warning going off on the drive home, meaning I had to stop to get petrol.
Not being able to find my anti-depressants which I took away for the weekend, forgot to take and now can't find.
The fact that it is now blatantly obvious that my improving moods are the result of the anti-depressants, not that I'm less stressed.
Having absolutely no idea what to take a picture of today, and scant motivation to actually take one.
Having to be in bed early tonight as I have to be out of the house for 7.15am in the morning.




I think I'm actually fully justified in being utterly narked after that day to be honest. However, I am home now, shall shortly be in the bath and Hague had dinner waiting and has just made me a cup of tea. And after today, surely things can only bloody improve??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)