Wednesday 27 April 2011

Nicely Chilled

I'm definitely feeling wonderfully chilled. This lovely, long break from work has been fantastic. Seeing family, an amazing wedding and for the last few days - relaxation.


Okay, so the relaxation may have been forced upon us in a small way as once again the month has laster longer than our wages, but it hasn't felt imposed. We have just enjoyed each other's company, having a few drinks and putting the world to rights, including adding more structure to the long-awaited dictatorship that will be Hague's Britain. Decisions made include working out our confectionery based currency (mainly based around curly wurlys and giant toblerones) and renaming the snooker balls around a theme of farmyard animals :) Well, you didn't expect us to do anything constructive did you??


Speaking of constructive, today has been the first time we have achieved something vaguely adult, as the washing is being done and the dining table is now clear (again). I'm starting to think that the highly anticipated bedroom sort out may not happen, but I do still have 5 days away from work in which to get something done ....although I'm not holding my breath lol!


I really do think this break is shaping up to be the break that I needed way back in October, so I'm making the most of it, although I know it's going to be very, very hard to head back to work on the 4th....ah well, I guess I have to earn the money to keep us in this lap of poverty that we merrily make the most of, but I shall not think of work just yet - I'm enjoying this feeling of freedom far too much!


Highlights still to come include more family visiting, the GY Beer Festival, and of course payday! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)