Saturday 30 April 2011

Weddings and Beer and Glorious Weather!

I suppose it's getting quite near to the end of my glorious time off work. I'm 9 days into my 12 days off and I've had a wonderful time! I blogged last week about the wedding and seeing family but this week has been an absolute delight of doing pretty much close to nothing.....up until Wednesday we did nothing - we sat....we surfed FB....we ate crappy food...and relaxed. I think sometimes you just need a few days of that!!

On Thursday, doing nothing had become too much so we headed out. We ventured out and had a wander into town, buying a few retro games and getting a bit of exercise whilst we decided where to treat ourselves to lunch (how did you guess it was payday??). I took lots of photos and we somehow found ourselves at the Beer Festival....how did that happen?? lol! It was a wonderful day. The chief brewer of the local brewery is a UFC fan, so we seemed to endear ourselves to him quite well, which won't be a bad thing when we want to know when he brews up some more Dauntless :)



It was definitely a good day :) Friday was definitely spent relaxing again and today has been designated as the day to get drunk....for most of our lives we have to be grown up. Mature adults working to earn a living etc etc. So whilst we are having a holiday we have decided to have a drunken day. We have bought wine and vodka and shall be enjoying both as the day progresses. Mature? Maybe not.....Big and Clever?? Hell yeah :) There is something wildly amusing about getting merry, watching TV, watching films etc whilst being on the wrong side of sober :) Is it wrong that myself and Hague enjoy the wrong side whilst we're not at work?? Nah, didn't think so hehe!!!

We have sensible things to do whilst we're off, with a court appearance for Dan on the 3rd, but I think that makes the chilling days all the more delightful, all the more enjoyable. Sometimes you really need to unwind, and speaking for myself, I REALLY needed to unwind. These few days have given me that, so even though I've not managed to achieve the tasks on my "to-do" list, I've most definitely managed to relax, which was worth it's weight in gold :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)