Tuesday 4 January 2011

Back to Work

First day back at work today after 11 gorgeous days off. I couldn't have been in a less enthusiastic mood to be honest, but have to get myself back into the swing of things quickly.


We've got a busy few weeks coming up at work, but I can't seem to get myself in a positive frame of mind for any of it. It's at times like this that I am so jealous of people who have found jobs that they love. I can't think of anything more rewarding than going to work everyday with a feeling of anticipation about what the day will bring, and a desire to excel at something you truly enjoy.


I've had quite a few jobs over the years, but never anything I've really wanted to do, certainly nothing that has had me waking up full of enthusiasm about the day ahead. I think half the problem is that I'm not entirely sure what that job would be for me....I have quite a few things that interest me, photography, anything 50's/60's retro, family law, reading, cooking, and expanding my knowledge in things that I could never tire of learning about, such as space and religion. However, they don't really fit neatly into any sort of job. 


I think this is why I live for the weekends - it means I can do what I want to do, I'm not restricted and confined by a job, or by an early night, or by having to do anything. I'm free to do what I enjoy. 


Now, if someone has a job going that means I can get up late, take pictures of interesting retro items whilst reading about religion......give me a call ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)