Sunday 30 January 2011

Busy!

It seems to have been a very busy few days! I was desperate for the week to end, it seemed to drag on forever and it was a relief when work finished!


We had a quiet night on Friday, although it was nearly 9pm by the time the shopping was done and we had a chance to sit down! 


We had to be up early on Saturday to go and pick up a sofa from some friends of my sister - they're moving and wanted new furniture, so we are having their old one! Anything is better than the old, falling to bits furniture we were using so the donation was gratefully received! My wonderful Dad hired a van and we dumped the old and picked up the new on Saturday morning. The rest of the afternoon was spent sorting out where everything would go. It's a stop gap really, but has certainly given us a bit of breathing space when it comes to saving for a new sofa :o)


Saturday evening was great fun. Some old friends travelled up from London and we had a lovely evening of drink, chat and Chinese. Just simply catching up with Chris and Anna is always lovely and I'm sure it won't be long before we make the return journey down to London....armed with my new DSLR of course!!!!


Speaking of which, Chris brought a lens with him for me to borrow so I could finally play with the camera! He also gave me a few hints and tips about how to use it, as it's a big old change from my little Nikon Coolpix, and there is a hell of a lot more to consider when taking photographs with this one - but it's a learning curve I can't wait to start!


Today has been a lazy one. Hague has lost his voice, and has been reduced to a very quiet little squeak, but is being very good natured about the new range of nicknames I have imposed upon him, including Mighty Mouse and Captain Squeak, yes I really am that mature lol! We're both shattered, so I think tonight will be an early one, with hopefully plenty of sleep before we return to the work rat race for 5 long days!


End of an era...


The start of a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)