Wednesday 4 May 2011

Confessions...

I have a confession to make….I have a very sad hobby. Now, I have a few hobbies, some are nice and mature, such as photography, cookery and reading, some are less mature, such as wasting time on the internet and being silly (is that a hobby? lol) One however is beyond immature, beyond silly and is into the realms of the ridiculous…

I am a Dog Coat Spotter, a proud member of Fleece Watch. When I see someone wearing a dubious fleece, adorned with animals I have to try and snap a photograph which I then post to a Facebook group.

Now, I can almost see the puzzled expression on your face, what on earth am I talking about? Below is an example of the wonder that is a Dog Coat / Animal Fleece.



So now you know what the quarry is, but what pleasure comes from it? Well, until you have chased down the street, or slammed your brakes on to capture one of these beauties you just won’t understand the sheer hilarity of the situation or the feeling of accomplishment you get from getting a shot of someone wearing one of these monstrosities!

So many questions arise from this hobby…what possesses people to buy one of these things, let alone wear one? The material is awful, not proper fleece but that cheap blankety material that will ensure static shocks to anyone within reaching distance. It seems to be mainly women of a certain age, who adore these abominations of the fashion world. This however, does make it quite easy to take a picture as they seem to have no idea that mobile phones now contain cameras, so you can quite easily follow them around to get a good shot.
I guess this confession of a hobby beyond sad could be taken to mean that I will endeavour to wean myself from the semi-stalking habits I’ve found myself employing just to feel the rush of a perfect picture……… but no! I love it, it amuses me greatly and each time I see one I am genuinely joyful and can’t wait to share my capture with my like minded friends!

Long Live Fleece Watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)