Thursday 5 May 2011

Me time!

Today I am enjoying that rarest of occurrences - me time! What are you on about you may ask, you've just had 12 days off work you lazy mare! Whilst this is true, Hague was also off, so we enjoyed the time together :) Today however is something different, his Hague-ness is at work, and I am not. I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the days I have spent alone in the house since we've been together so it's an opportunity for me to do whatever I like!


The car has to be serviced today, so in reality I only had 4 hours in which to enjoy myself, the first half an hour was spent dropping Dan at work and then chasing the window cleaner to get up to date with our payments. I then had to wait for my Sister who is in need of clothing for a wedding. She's now been and gone and so now at 11.45am I find myself with 2 hours to spend doing anything!


I have decided to spend it wastefully (yes I am aware of yesterday's blog bemoaning the wasting of time but I rather enjoy blogging and watching my choice of TV so really it's not that wasteful - anyway, I digress....) I thought I would share with you my favourite ways to waste time on t'interwebs!


1) Well, how else? Why argue with countless millions? Facebook is probably the biggest time waster on the internet, and I spend way too much time tending my Cafe, looking after my Monsters and wrestling :)


2) Definitely coming up a close second at the moment is the fabulous 365 Project website. It's a great little online community where everyone is trying to complete a 365 project. The discussions are helpful and funny, the photos people post are inspiring and the whole place is wonderfully positive! I can spend hours on there browsing my friends photographs and reading the disucssions.


3) Reading various blogs is definitely another pastime of mine and Allie's is the best, no question. If you've never heard of Hyperbole and a Half, get yourself a cuppa, make sure you have a few hours and click on the link, I promise you won't be disappointed!


4) Another blog type/comic hybrid is theoatmeal.com Another great way to waste an hour or so, and also to educate yourself on correct grammar. That's a win/win for me!


5) A double-edged sword this one..."window" shopping! The internet is simply the best place in the universe to buy prettyful things and I spend stupid amounts of time perusing items of beauty (and camera lenses) which I can't afford! The current fave window shops are probably:
 Whimsical Wren (which I can afford to be fair as her jewellery is wonderfully affordable). I defy you to click and not find anything you like!
Amazon It's like a one-stop-shop for everything! I love it, I also love that I have a little box in my toolbar with "Add to Wish List" and wherever I am on t'interwebs I can click on that magic button and it will add the item to my Amazon wish list - ready to be considered by anyone that want's to by me a gift! (Just in case you're feeling generous, said list is here).
Vivien of Holloway I adore her dresses, I have 4 of the halterneck swing dresses and feel so glamorous when I wear them. She will probably also be the dress designer should a Mitchell/Hague wedding day ever occur lol!
Schuh Any shop which sells Iron Fist, Irregular Choice, Rocket Dog, Converse and DM's is alright by me, and I can spend ages drooling over shoes which I will never have opportunities to wear, wouldn't be able to walk in and can't afford - but they are so pretty *sigh* 


The joy of the internet though is that a simple Google search throws up so many more shops to peruse that it can be a pastime all of it's own - a frustrating one maybe, but nowt wrong with a window shop!


Anyway - brunch has been eaten, a blog has been written, a photograph for today has yet to be taken and I need to enjoy 90 more minutes of my solitary day - Laters :)


P.S. Get thee to a polling station today! Don't forget to vote!


P.P.S I had a GREAT day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)