Saturday 14 May 2011

Drunkled :)

Well not quite drunk :) but I've had a fab night anyway! We started early, but the early alcohol hit has dissipated into a slightly smiley, very happy mood. Personally I can't think of anything better for a Friday evening than feeling very happy, slightly giddy and listening to music from your youth.


Problem is that some of these tunes that are burned into my psyche are nearly 20 years old. That scares me. How on God's green Earth can Let Me Be Your Fantasy be 19 years old?? Where the hell has all that time gone? I can remember vividly hearing that song for the first time and feeling overwhelmed by the tune, just closing my eyes and absorbing the sound. Wonderful.


The Prodigy - one of the best bands in the world first entered my little universe when I was 17 and have never left it.


I'm not quite sure when these epic tunes stopped being awesome rocking choooons and became classics, but they have. I suppose I can now understand what my Mum and Dad were going on about with their sixties tunes way back when I was about 10 - the twenty year old songs that had etched themselves onto the memories of their lives....


Where does the time go? When did Baby D become something that could be played on the "classic" radio station of our generation?? Mind you, to give me credit, it's nearly 5am and I'm still up listening to these songs,  so I can't be ready for the knacker's yard just yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)