Sunday 8 May 2011

A Look To The Bright Side

Today I should have been in Barnsley, whilst Dan had his contact with his boys. However, his ex texted when we were 75 miles into our journey to tell us his youngest was sick. As contact takes place at Dan's Mum's (who has two disabled children of her own) it was decided that contact would be postponed until next week.


As today started with a huge disappointment (as well as the waste of half a tank of petrol) I shall be spending the rest of the day trying to gee myself up by looking on the bright side....
  1. As we were up so early, we have the whole of Sunday afternoon and evening to enjoy.
  2. Bayleigh got a nice walk rather than being in her cage for 12 hours.
  3. We can get the rest of the washing done.
  4. I won't be utterly shattered for work tomorrow.
  5. Dan will get extra phone contact tonight (I'm really pushing it with that one...).
  6. As the next visit is postponed he will only have to wait two weeks between visits next time.
  7. I didn't have to have a bra on all day long :)
  8. Ditto jeans.
Small things, but after this morning, I felt the need to highlight some good feelings to take from today after the upsetting start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)