Friday 6 May 2011

Overjoyed!

Today is a very happy day. Before the Royal Wedding I was uninterested in the variety of tat available as keepsakes and souvenirs...as the day grew closer a strange obsession started to grow...I wanted a tea towel, no, I NEEDED a tea towel. The cheesier the better, the worse the portraits of Wills and Kate, all the better. All the local pound shops were proudly advertising their own, slightly mis-printed towelley offerings, but despite popping in several times I was never lucky enough to find one (or patient enough to wait in the enormous queues the pound shops seem to generate in Yarmouth).

The wedding was a week ago, and I had lost all hope of finding that perfect anti-souvenir, I even came close to buying an ashtray, even though neither of us smoke, just to fulfill that strange little longing inside for the cheesiest of memorabilia. My heart was heavy - I was never going to find anything.

But...today....Asda came storming to the rescue, around we were strolling, minding our own business when something caught my eye, something reduced, something that...yes...had a portrait on it :)

Oh the joy, for the princely (sorry) sum of £3.50 I am now the proud owner of a tin of Quality Street chocolates, produced for the Royal Wedding!! How awesome is that? And it's full of chocolates!! You just don't get much better than that do you?

Worth waiting for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)