Thursday 26 May 2011

An Unexpected Good Day :)

Don't you just love those? A day that starts off pretty poo suddenly becomes a good one! They don't come along that often, and are all the more fabulous for their slow burning nature :)


Today didn't start well, Hague woke me up at 5am cos he was in agony with a stomach ache, and then went into the spare room. I was out of bed at 7.30am to get to work (never, ever a good thing) and the weather seemed to have decided that we'd had enough of that sunshine business for now. At work I had to have an investigation for my absence and so wasn't expecting much from today at all....to cap it all, Hague called to tell me that he'd accidentally squished my new glasses :(


However, from a lowly start, the day has improved! The investigation will not be progressed to a disciplinary, after work I picked up a purple mountain bike (with a basket!!) from a lovely Freecycler and even managed to squeeze it into the car!


I got home, and the lens that my friend Lee had promised me had arrived from Singapore along with extra CF cards, manuals and a camera strap and Tesco had sent me £4 of vouchers, myself and Hague then headed out for dinner. For a grand total of £18.65 we both had drinks, starters, a pizza and unlimited salad - now that's a bargain! I am now relaxing at home, enjoying the wildly changing light in the sky as a storm brews, stuffed to my earholes with food and about to get snap happy with my new lens ...... Thank you May 26th, you've been a lovely old day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)