Tuesday 7 September 2010

Dogs....Man's Best Friend???!!?


Don't they look adorable? Oh the joys of dog ownership, fancy sharing your life with two beautiful doggies like that.......Hmmm not so much today. Today I am at the end of my tether with the pair of them. 


Between them they have pretty much destroyed the downstairs of the house, and for some reason have decided to forget that they are house trained, we cannot leave the house without one or the other of them messing somewhere. We have tried everything to get them to behave, to remember their housetraining but no luck.


So we have come to a decision, we shall be crate training them. If they can't be trusted to be out, they will be crated when we are at work. Dogs tend not to see crates as we do, they seem them as security, but I can see we are going to have our work cut out with training a 5 year old Basset and a 13 year old Doberman to love a crate.


It will work, I will make sure it works, I'll make sure they are happy and secure in their new cratey homes and I AM going to claim back the living room for human habitation - and who knows, maybe, just maybe I'll be able to have a new sofa without fears of it getting destroyed (by dogs anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)