Wednesday 22 September 2010

Scary Day!

It's been a long day, and it's not over yet! Hague has been ill since last week, we both thought he had a nasty bout of food poisoning, and that he had maybe pulled a stomach muscle as he was so ill....


From first feeling ill on Friday, he was in agony this morning, and rang the GP. Almost straight away he diagnosed a ruptured appendix! The symptoms are scarily close to that of an upset stomach, only with no diarrhoea and increasing pain, so on a plus side I've learnt that if I'm throwing up and my pee looks like lucozade, I'd best get myself checked out!  


He was taken by ambulance to the hospital, and although I was feeling quite calm, I was also pretty scared, I don't know much, but I know a burst appendix is dangerous. The staff at the James Paget were good, and he was on a ward within about 2 1/2 hours of coming in.


He went up to surgery at 8pm tonight. I am waiting to call the ward to see how it went. I'm so worried, which I know is natural, but I just want to hear that he is alright. It sounds soppy and clichéd, but it's at times like this your feelings for someone are reinforced just that little bit more. I can't wait to see him tomorrow, and after him being in pretty much too much pain for a big hug for the last day or so, I can't wait for an enormous cuddle either.


Me and Hague...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)