Saturday 25 September 2010

Lonely times

I'm finding this really hard. Dan has been in hospital for 3 nights now, and I've left him for the 4th one.
I am getting to see him for 5 hours a day, and it's only that long as I'm ignoring the break between visiting times.
He is getting so fed up with being in hospital, with being unable to even get out of bed and having pretty much nothing to do except stare at a 14" television for hours on end.
I find it so upsetting to see him like this. My big, strong, gorgeous man with tubes going in and coming out and struggling to move without being in pain.
I feel so helpless, I can't take his pain away, or give him any more mobility, I can't raise his mood any more than the odd smile now and again whilst we talk....
The hardest thing is that all I can do is hold his hand....I am desperate to feel his arms around me, to be able to lie next to him and feel him lying close to me, to have more than a quick hello and goodbye peck.
I've not felt this out of sorts since we've been together - I'm feeling like I'm moving through a thick fog, insulated from everything happening "outside". I know he will get better, I know this will not last, that he'll be out soon and well on his way to his old self - but right now I'm struggling to cope without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)