Tuesday 5 July 2011

The Birthday's Keep On Coming!

Today it's the turn of my Mum! It seems impossible that it's been a year since since became a pensioner...strange when she has done nothing but talk about her pension since her birthday last year!! Up until 3 years ago it was also my Wedding Anniversary (my Summer's just weren't celebratory enough obviously) but the divorce put an end to that.


So the 5th of July is back under the sole guardianship of my Mum. At the moment she spends a lot of time in Essex, my Dad is working in London again and so he likes to have her down there, and it means she can spend time with my Nan as well (another July birthday!) so present opportunities are limited to what can be delivered.


Flowers are never a good option when Mum spends a mad amount of time driving up and down the M11, and chocolates are a bit, well, boring. So I was at a bit of a loss until I remembered the business my old school friend had set up.....


So cupcakes it was to be, and whilst the pictures I had seen of her work were amazing, I truly didn't expect such exquisitely decorated cakes to be delivered to my Mum today. The text I got from her saying how lovely they were was priceless, and I'm glad that despite not being able to see my Mum today I put a smile on her (and undoubtedly my Nan's) face.


The Stunning CupCakes :)
(Marcola Cupcakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)