Monday 11 July 2011

What Next?

Well, the expected (but unwanted) has happened. I am one of the three who will lose their Continuous Improvement role....there is a job back as a operator available for me though.


Although I expected this, I can't help but be upset. I enjoyed this job, felt I was good at it and have gained some significant skills in the last 3 1/2 years, but I was deemed not good enough to stay.


It's a hard thing to come to terms with, and although yesterday I was of the mind that I just wanted a job, any job, now the decision has been made I'm not so sure....


I have to take some time to think, to decide whether to stay with Britvic, a company that has rewarded my work with redundancy, but pays well, or to take the opportunity to move on, and find something else where I can actually use my skills and knowledge, and will be a valued employee.


I'm not stupid, I won't make any rash decisions, but I need to think about this, need to think about where my life should go now I'm at this crossroads. I need to do what's best for me, at least I know that Dan will be behind me whatever my decision, and he's already being wonderfully supportive by providing me with lots of hot tea and chocolate biscuits.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes something happens and at the time you think it is the worst thing ever. Then you sit down and look at your life and what you want to do. In a few weeks or months or even years time, you will look back on this and say that this was for the best.
    It's lovely that Dan is so supportive, that makes a real difference believe me!
    Good luck Karen
    Love Chris D
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)