Monday 6 June 2011

I Don't Like Mondays

I know most people don’t, but the end of the weekend always seems to herald a feeling of the utter grumps.

The thought of being at the furthest possible point from the weekend, with a whole week of work stretching ahead of me always puts me in a bit of a bad mood. I don’t seem to sleep well on a Sunday night, and however early I drop off I always end up feeling shattered when I wake up.

I tend not to have to get up too early either, but just struggle to open my eyes when my alarm goes off….

I’ve thought about this so much, about the struggle I have with the way of work, and I’ve decided it’s the lack of freedom I don’t like. I am under someone else’s authority whilst I’m at work. Bound by their times, rules and regulations. Having to be there at a certain time, whilst wearing certain clothes, and being unable to express myself as an individual in any way.

My time being stolen away by tedious tasks which only have meaning inside these four walls, I can’t be creative, I sit at a desk making charts, presentations, chasing up tasks and writing procedures.

I need to be free, I need to be me, I need to be able to live how I want, do what I want every day – free myself from the constraints of “normal” life….but I’m trapped, as most of us are trapped with a mortgage, bills and obligations, the grown up chains that keep us treading the monotonous 9-5 life trying not to let our wings be clipped – living for moments of freedom, for that glorious time that is all our own, to do with whatever we wish :o)

Is it Friday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)