Saturday 25 June 2011

Simply Kindle-Tastic

My much lusted after, eagerly awaited present to myself has arrived. My Kindle! I even managed to drag myself out of bed at 8am this morning at my Sister's to ensure I was home in case it was delivered early - unheard of on a Saturday!


It didn't actually arrive until nearly 1pm, and was put straight onto charge, I've spent most of this afternoon uploading books for it, sorting out settings for it and generally falling madly in love with it! I've already read an entire book, something I've not got round to doing in months. It's going to make it so easy for me to indulge in my love of reading at the drop of a hat, anywhere and everywhere!


A gorgeous skin and case are already ordered, and when it's protected it will be coming EVERYWHERE with me :) It truly is a wonderful gadget, and am sure it will be in constant use when I'm on holiday...and at work...and when I might be waiting somewhere for 5 minutes.....when I'm bored with t'interwebz...etc etc etc!


All mine :)


In other news, the weekend has been lovely so far. It was my Sister's birthday yesterday, so we spent some time there - as always chatting about everything and nothing and having a few drinks and a lot of giggles. Today has been spent relaxing, watching lots of Open All Hours on DVD, having a few beers and just winding down after such a stressful week. Tomorrow should be good fun as well, with dinner out and some bowling. It's been nice to have a weekend like this after the last week, it feels like a drop of fun and normality has surrounded us, and our world feels a happier, relaxed place because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)