Monday 20 June 2011

Teetering On The Edge!

Or the Tale Of The Mysterious Hoover....


Today has been a very weird day. I (just for a change) didn't have much sleep last night, so having to get up early was a struggle and I've felt tired all day. However I've been in a reasonably good, if slightly unsettled mood.


The unsettled feeling had started a few days ago when I noticed the hoover in the spare room. The black Vax hoover...I thought we had a purple and silver Tesco hoover....When I mentioned this to Hague his response was confused and he told me this WAS our hoover.


I wish I could say I thought no more of it, but it's been slowly starting to niggle at me. I'm not particularly house-proud, and as Hague is at home at the moment the housework is his forte right now, but I should know what hoover we own.


Today, when I brought it up again, it drove Hague mad, and it made me start questioning myself, was I going slightly loopy? Had I dreamed up the other hoover? A quick google search showed me the exact hoover that I thought we owned, which just confused me all the more! To make things worse Hague was convinced that he could remember us buying the errant Vax!


When I got home we emptied out the cupboard under the stairs to see if the mysterious purple hoover was hiding, which it wasn't. I seriously, and genuinely have no idea what is going on, and now even Hague is questioning the Vax as my insistence over the existence of the invisible Tesco hoover is stirring memories in HIS mind of another hoover......


Oddness indeed - but, by emptying the cupboard we have found both the "safe place" file we couldn't find and Hague's missing passport. Plus, the inability of my Father to understand the concept of an amount of money under £100 means that we have been able to treat ourself to a pizza tonight.


I shall keep you informed of The Tale Of The Mysterious Hoover....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)