Tuesday 7 June 2011

Restoring My Faith

In this world of ours, we seem to spend most of our time moaning about customer service, about how bad it is, about how no-one seems to care for the customer anymore and very rarely do you hear something good….

I’m changing that today! I’ve been a customer of Specsavers in Great Yarmouth for only a few weeks, but I’ve been gobsmacked by just how good their customer service is.

My first appointment, where I had my eye test was punctual, relaxed and the staff were very friendly. When I returned to collect my glasses I brought my sunglasses with me as they had promised to replace a missing nose pad on them. Rather than just replace it, they replaced both and tightened up the frames – at no charge. They also spent time making sure the glasses fitted me correctly and were comfortable, unlike the Norwich store when I collected my first pair.

I was pleased enough with them already, but then we had to return one of my pairs of glasses as they had been damaged (for damaged read squished by a foot). I was a bit hesitant at going back, as the glasses had cost me £99 and I was expecting something like that to repair them as the frame was bent up and one of the lenses was broken. It was an accident that had damaged them not bad workmanship, so it wasn’t covered by the warranty, but thought I had nothing to lose by popping in and asking.

They had a look and said they could repair them and replace the lens for £10! I mean £10, that’s nothing is it? I honestly have nothing but praise for the staff and their customer service.

So thank you Great Yarmouth Specsavers, you have restored a little bit of my faith in the notion of good customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of my randomness m'dears :)